Friday, June 10, 2011

Today's Harvest

We've been having a lot of rain lately.  I've dumped 5.5" out of my rain gauge in a matter of 24 hours.  This morning I went out to the garden to harvest something for farmer's market.  It was MUDDY.  Standing water in a few places.  The garden has a few washouts too.  Plus the weeds...the weeds are bad.  It is way too muddy to get in there to weed much, and there is more rain in the forecast.  But, the garden is producing.  I thought I would share some pictures from today.

 I harvested green onions, some salad (not enough to sell though), garlic scapes, and A LOT of radishes.  They seemed to come on all of a sudden, and the garden is still full of them. 

  A big bowl of radishes...a mixture of Red Rover and Pink Beauty varieties.  All of our seed came from Johnny's Selected Seeds. 

This was the biggest radish of the day...I would say about the size of a golf ball.  It tasted good in our salad too. 

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a harvest of radishes. They sure look tasty. Do you just use them in salads or do you have another use for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have eaten them in salads mostly. I have sauteed them in olive oil or butter before (sliced thin) and they are good. It takes the heat out. We have also been selling them at our local farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete