Monday, May 9, 2011

Starts Ready to Go!


 Our starts are out on the porch awaiting planting.  We grew them under growlights in my Mom's garage, which are pictured below.  They have done great, now we are in the process of hardening them off.  Most of these are tomatoes and peppers.  I was able to get out this morning and plant all of the herbs into my raised beds.  I added rosemary, lemon thyme, oregano, mint, and sage.  I already have garlic chives, onion chives, and german thyme growing well.  I have basil and dill yet to plant, and I can't seem to find lavender plants this year...anyone know where I can find some? 

These are the growlights set up in the garage.  Our greenhouse had blown apart in a windstorm, so we had to go to plan B with the plant starts.  The lights are just regular shop lights.  They worked well.  We plan on covering the greenhouse frame with some poly-carbonate later in the season.  Hopefully that won't blow away as easily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment